Episode 90 - Let's Talk about Ungrading (Part 2) with Dr. Chris Jones and Dr. Heather Miceli
In episode 90 of the Lecture Breakers podcast, Dr. Chris Jones and Dr. Heather Miceli join us again to continue our conversation about ungrading in higher education.
In part 1 of this conversation (episode 89), Chris and Heather talked about what ungrading is, and how they implement this approach in their courses. They also discussed some common misconceptions about ungrading.
Now, in part 2, they share how they introduce students to ungrading, how they are overcoming some of the challenges of ungrading, and how they are making assessment and feedback work within the ungrading model.
- how to introduce students to ungrading
- how to give students enough choice and structure to succeed without feeling the anxiety of grade performance.
overcoming the challenges of ungrading
- how to make assessment and feedback work within the ungrading paradigm
- advice and recommendations to get started with ungrading
- Connect with Chris on Twitter
- Email Chris: email@example.com
- Connect with Heather on Twitter
- Email Heather: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the free Lecture Breakers Facebook group
- Don't miss an episode! Be sure to subscribe to the show!
Some of these resources contain affiliate links (indicated by *). If you purchase a product or sign up for a program through one of these links, I receive a commission at no additional cost to you. I only endorse products and services that I think will be helpful for you and that I have used myself. Thank you for your support.