Episode 103: Community-Engaged Learning with Dr. Jess Lucero
In #103 of the Lecture Breakers podcast, Dr. Jess Lucero joins us to talk about community-engaged learning, or what is also known as service-learning.
In this episode, Jess and I discuss:
- what community-engaged learning is and how it is evolving
- how to integrate this approach into your courses
- how to create strong connections with community partners
- how to introduce students to the community-engaged learning experience
- how to help students structure their reflections so they can articulate what they are learning
- Learn more about Jess' work at Utah State University
- Learn more about community-engaged learning at Utah State University
- Connect with Jess on LinkedIn
- Join the free Lecture Breakers Facebook group!
- Don't miss an episode! Be sure to subscribe to the show!
Some of these resources contain affiliate links (indicated by *). If you purchase a product or sign up for a program through one of these links, I receive a commission at no additional cost to you. I only endorse products and services that I think will be helpful for you and that I have used myself. Thank you for your support.