Episode 119: Stories from the Field: How On-the-Job Storytelling Can Be a Powerful Teaching and Learning Strategy
In episode 119 of the Lecture Breakers podcast, we're talking about storytelling and teaching. I’m excited to welcome Dr. Christopher Myers to the show! Chris wrote an article titled, Storytelling as a Tool for Vicarious Learning Among Air Medical Transport Crews. It's a fascinating article about the power of storytelling in teaching.
In our conversation, Chris shares why this type of authentic storytelling is so powerful and why peer-to-peer learning in this format can be such a valuable and engaging way for students to learn.
He also shares advice to help you think about how to use stories in your courses, even if you’re not teaching air medical transport crews! : )
- Read Chris' article Storytelling as a Tool for Vicarious Learning Among Air Medical Transport Crews
- Check out Chris' website.
- Watch the video: Storytelling for Vicarious Learning in Organizations
- Connect with Chris on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Don't miss an episode! Be sure to subscribe to the show!
Some of these resources contain affiliate links (indicated by *). If you purchase a product or sign up for a program through one of these links, I receive a commission at no additional cost to you. I only endorse products and services that I think will be helpful for you and that I have used myself. Thank you for your support.