Episode 130: Using Different Types of Media to Break Up Your Lectures, Engage Students, and Improve Learning with Dr. Anthony Perillo and Dr. Sara Appleby
If you’re looking for more ways to use podcasts, videos, audiobooks, and other forms of media in your courses, then this is the episode for you!
In episode 130 of the Lecture Breakers podcast, I'm excited to welcome two guests to our show! Dr. Anthony Perillo and Dr. Sara Appleby are here to share examples and ideas to help you think about how to break up your lectures and engage your students using different types of media.
It’s so great to have both of them on the show together because they have different experiences and recommendations for you based on the types of courses they teach.
We talk about what inspired them to experiment with media, how they align media activities with assignments, and tips to help you get started or enhance what you’re already doing in your courses.
- Learn more about Anthony's research on his Open Science Framework page.
- Connect with Anthony on Twitter.
- Learn more about Sara's work and contact info on her faculty website at Mercer University.
- Check out Sara's website which includes resources for teaching psychology and law.
- Connect with Sara on Twitter.
- Read the blog post: 10 Ways You Can Use Podcasts in Your Course to Engage Students
- Listen to episode 33 of the Lecture Breakers podcast: 10 Ways to Use Podcasts to Break Up Your Lecture
- Read the blog post: 10 Ways to Reuse Your Pre-Recorded Videos
- Don't miss an episode! Be sure to subscribe to the show!
Some of these resources contain affiliate links (indicated by *). If you purchase a product or sign up for a program through one of these links, I receive a commission at no additional cost to you. I only endorse products and services that I think will be helpful for you and that I have used myself. Thank you for your support.