Episode 132: Ungrading: Re-Thinking Teaching, Learning, and Assessment in Higher Education with Dr. Susan D. Blum
In episode 132 of the Lecture Breakers podcast, our guest is Dr. Susan D. Blum, editor of the popular book Ungrading: Why Rating Students Undermines Learning (and What to Do Instead).
In this episode, we talk about what ungrading is and the common misconceptions people have about it. Susan shares her own journey, and I appreciate her honesty and openness when it comes to her own transformation and how she views her role as an educator.
If you are curious about ungrading, or if you're already using this approach and you want to improve the experience for you and your students, then I know this episode will be helpful for you!
- Get the book! Ungrading: Why Rating Students Undermines Learning (and What to Do Instead)*
- Connect with Susan on Twitter
- Connect with Susan by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Read the article written by Susan, her colleagues and her students: "The Trees Need Water" and the Students Need Authentic Responsibility (creative commons license)
- Listen to episode 81 of the Lecture Breakers podcast: 20 Reflection Prompts to Encourage Students to Participate in Class
- Don't miss an episode! Be sure to subscribe to the show!
Some of these resources contain affiliate links (indicated by *). If you purchase a product or sign up for a program through one of these links, I receive a commission at no additional cost to you. I only endorse products and services that I think will be helpful for you and that I have used myself. Thank you for your support.