Episode 145: How to Use the Pass the Problem Activity to Engage Students and Improve Learning
Take your career to the next level with this new audio course!
The Business of Academic Speaking is a self-paced audio course designed to help you confidently navigate the business side of becoming a successful, in-demand speaker for higher education audiences.
Episode #145 Description:
In episode 145 of the Lecture Breakers podcast, Dr. Barbi Honeycutt discusses how you can use the Pass-the-Problem active learning strategy in your courses.
This activity can be used to encourage collaboration, address current issues and problems in your discipline, promote critical thinking skills, and enhance problem-solving skills. You can adapt it for in-person, online, and asynchronous courses.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- what the pass-the-problem activity is
- how this activity benefits students and instructors
- how to set up the activity and stay organized
- tips for facilitation and adapting the activity for different learning environments
- Get your free download for this episode:
- Millis, B. J. & Cottell, P. G. Jr. (1998). Cooperative learning for higher education. Westport, CT: ACE/Oryx Press. pp. 103-105.
- Don't miss an episode! Be sure to subscribe to the show!
Some of these resources contain affiliate links (indicated by *). If you purchase a product or sign up for a program through one of these links, I receive a commission at no additional cost to you. I only endorse products and services that I think will be helpful for you and that I have used myself. Thank you for your support.