Episode 52: How CapSource Helps Educators Create Successful Experiential Learning Opportunities with Jordan Levy
In episode 52 of the Lecture Breakers podcast, Jordan Levy, the Founder of CapSource, joins us to talk about experiential learning.
Sometimes on the show, I like to invite the people who have created businesses that offer products, services, and tools to support teaching and learning in higher education. I enjoy talking with the creators of these resources so I’m aware of what’s happening within the higher education industry, and so I can share what I’m learning with you so you know what’s available beyond your institution.
CapSource provides support and resources to help you integrate experiential learning into your courses. Jordan actually created the idea for this business when he was a student in an entrepreneurship course which I think speaks to the power of giving our students opportunities to connect with the world outside of the classroom and challenging them to solve big problems while having the support and structure of a course.
Note: I do not have any formal affiliation with CapSource. I wanted to share this resource with you because I support what Jordan and his team are doing, and it aligns with the mission of the Lecture Breakers podcast.
What you'll learn:
- What experiential learning is.
- How to design successful industry-integrated project-based learning experiences.
- What a "live" case study is and how it's different from a traditional case study approach.
- What makes a good problem or project to integrate into your course.
- The 4 C's of successful experiential learning opportunities.
Learn more about CapSource.
- Read more about the 4 C's of Experiential Learning.
- Learn more about the role of institutions in experiential learning.
Learn more about the sourcing and design services available for educators who want to use experiential learning.
- Learn more about the CapSource Connect Experiential Learning Management System.
Schedule a demo and discussion with CapSource.
Connect with Jordan on LinkedIn
- Join the free Lecture Breakers Facebook group
- Don't miss an episode! Be sure to subscribe to the show!
Some of these resources contain affiliate links (indicated by *). If you purchase a product or sign up for a program through one of these links, I receive a commission at no additional cost to you. I only endorse products and services that I think will be helpful for you and that I have used myself. Thank you for your support.