Episode 67: Inclusive Teaching Strategies: How to Support the Success of All Students with Dr. Tracie Addy
In episode 67 of the Lecture Breakers podcast, Dr. Tracie Addy shares inclusive teaching strategies you can easily integrate into your courses to support the success of all students.
What can you do with your syllabus and course policies to create a more inclusive learning environment?
What can you do the first day and first week to help all students feel welcomed and supported?
What can you do when designing active learning experiences and assignments?
How can you create more inclusive assessment strategies and policies?
- Get the book! What Inclusive Instructors Do: Principles and Practice for Excellent in College Teaching. Use code INCINS to get 30% off and free shipping (expires April 30, 2021).
- Watch the book trailer (video).
- Read the article Fostering an Inclusive Classroom (Inside Higher Ed)
- Read the article What Two Students Want You to Know About Inclusive Teaching (Faculty Focus)
- Read the article Partnering with Students is Critical Now More Than Ever (University Business).
- Read the research: Active learning narrows achievement gaps for underrepresented students
- Read the research: Enhancing Diversity in Undergraduate Science: Self-Efficacy Drives Performance Gains with Active Learning
- Connect with Tracie at Lafayette College
- Connect with Tracie on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Join the free Lecture Breakers Facebook group
- Don't miss an episode! Be sure to subscribe to the show!
Some of these resources contain affiliate links (indicated by *). If you purchase a product or sign up for a program through one of these links, I receive a commission at no additional cost to you. I only endorse products and services that I think will be helpful for you and that I have used myself. Thank you for your support.