Episode 70: Integrating Music Into Your Courses with Dr. Garrett Schumann
In episode 70 of the Lecture Breakers podcast, Dr. Garrett Schumann, a composer and professor, joins us to talk about different ways we can integrate music into our courses to increase student engagement, create connection, and potentially help all of us move beyond the silos of our disciplines and into a space where we can create powerful and meaningful learning experiences.
- Music has the power to create connections, increase focus, energize an audience, and enhance student engagement.
- It's never been easier to access music than it is today.
- Music is a great way to create an interdisciplinary learning experience for you and your students.
- Learn more about the Ground Works journal for arts-inclusive projects.
- Read more about Dr. Ron Eglash's work and culturally situated design tools.
- Read Godfried Toussaint's paper about rhythmic patterns from around the world.
- Learn more about Dr. Laura Kaminski's work (Rising Tide and Crossroads Project).
- Learn more about Garrett's work.
- Connect with Garrett on Twitter.
- Join the free Lecture Breakers Facebook group
- Don't miss an episode! Be sure to subscribe to the show!
Some of these resources contain affiliate links (indicated by *). If you purchase a product or sign up for a program through one of these links, I receive a commission at no additional cost to you. I only endorse products and services that I think will be helpful for you and that I have used myself. Thank you for your support.