Episode 74: Encouraging Students to Create Connections and Build Community Within and Beyond the Classroom with Chris Nesi
Our guest for episode 74 of the Lecture Breakers podcast is Chris Nesi. He's a high school teacher and an adjunct professor.
He’s also the host of the House of EdTech podcast and the founder of the education podcast network. So, he knows a thing or two about leveraging the power of technology to create communities and give people opportunities to connect with others!
Chris describes his classroom as one without walls and he challenges his students to learn how to make connections and build a network within and beyond the classroom space.
He shares why it's so important for students to create community and build connections within and beyond the classroom.
And Chris shares the technology tools he uses to replace discussion boards to allow for more authentic engagement and connection.
- Listen to the House of Ed Tech podcast
- Check out the Education Podcast Network
- Try Voxer
- Try Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok
- Learn more about digital powerups from episode 60 of the Lecture Breakers podcast.
- Learn more about the Pedagogies of Care
- Connect with Chris on Twitter
- Check out chrisnesi.com
- Join the free Lecture Breakers Facebook group
- Don't miss an episode! Be sure to subscribe to the show!
Some of these resources contain affiliate links (indicated by *). If you purchase a product or sign up for a program through one of these links, I receive a commission at no additional cost to you. I only endorse products and services that I think will be helpful for you and that I have used myself. Thank you for your support.