Episode 75: How to Create More Engaging Asynchronous Online Courses with Dr. Monica Burns
Registration is open for the Lecture Breakers Virtual Summer Conference! June 8-10, 2021. See the list of presenters, topics, and sponsors! Hope to see you there!
In episode 75 of the Lecture Breakers podcast, I am excited to welcome Dr. Monica Burns to the show! She is the creator of the very popular Class Tech Tips website and host of the Easy Ed Tech podcast.
I’ve been following her work for a while because she really focuses on helping educators make the most out of digital tools and technology.
Although she can talk about all things tech, in this episode we focus on how to create more engaging asynchronous online courses.
- What to consider when setting up an asynchronous learning experience and adapting in-person activities to online formats.
- Tips and tools to help students stay organized and motivated.
- The importance of creating touchpoints in your online course.
- The importance of setting up systems and routines.
- Ideas for creating more engaging videos and online discussions.
- Check out Monica's website: ClassTechTips.com
- Learn more about Monica's Easy EdTech podcast and membership.
- Learn more about Nearpod
- Explore Flipgrid and Flipgrid shorts
- Learn more about Remind
- Connect with Monica on Instagram and Twitter and Facebook.
- Join the free Lecture Breakers Facebook group
- Don't miss an episode! Be sure to subscribe to the show!
Some of these resources contain affiliate links (indicated by *). If you purchase a product or sign up for a program through one of these links, I receive a commission at no additional cost to you. I only endorse products and services that I think will be helpful for you and that I have used myself. Thank you for your support.