Episode 83: Using Virtual Reality to Increase Student Engagement and Improve Learning with Dr. Bobbie Ticknor
In episode 83 of the Lecture Breakers podcast, Dr. Bobbie Ticknor joins us to talk about virtual reality and simulated learning experiences. She shares the 3 types of virtual reality environments, which was a brand new concept for me because prior to this conversation, I had a limited idea of what virtual reality meant in the context of education.
We also dig into specific examples of how she uses virtual reality in different ways in her courses, and she discusses how virtual reality can work in a variety of disciplines. This is such an innovative way to break up lectures and create more engaging learning experiences for students!
What virtual reality is and how it can be used in education.
- The 3 different types of virtual reality experiences.
- The technology tools and resources you and your students need for successful virtual reality learning experiences.
Examples of virtual reality experiences in different disciplines.
How to get started if you're new to virtual reality in your classroom.
- Get Bobbie's book Virtual Reality and the Criminal Justice System*
- Learn more about Bobbie's virtual reality lab at Valdosta State University.
- Learn more about Bobbie's work on her website
- Connect with Bobbie on Twitter and Facebook
- Join the free Lecture Breakers Facebook group
- Don't miss an episode! Be sure to subscribe to the show!
Some of these resources contain affiliate links (indicated by *). If you purchase a product or sign up for a program through one of these links, I receive a commission at no additional cost to you. I only endorse products and services that I think will be helpful for you and that I have used myself. Thank you for your support.