Episode 92: Transform Your Online Courses with these 5 Active Learning Principles from Cognitive Psychology and Neuroscience with Dr. Stephen Kosslyn
In episode 92 of the Lecture Breakers podcast, Dr. Stephen Kosslyn joins us to talk about how to transform your online courses with 5 active learning principles from cognitive psychology and neuroscience.
Stephen is the author of the new book Active Learning Online: Five Principles that Makes Online Courses Come Alive. In this episode, we dig into how you can use the five principles to promote learning and enhance student engagement in both synchronous and asynchronous online course formats.
Stephen also shares the three levels of designing and organizing learning objectives, and we explore different hybrid course formats to inspire you to re-think how to design learning experiences in your courses.
- Get the book! Active Learning Online: Five Principles that Makes Online Courses Come Alive*
- Check out Stephen's website Active Learning Sciences
- Learn more about the jigsaw strategy (blog post)
- Connect with Stephen on LinkedIn
- Join the free Lecture Breakers Facebook group
- Don't miss an episode! Be sure to subscribe to the show!
Some of these resources contain affiliate links (indicated by *). If you purchase a product or sign up for a program through one of these links, I receive a commission at no additional cost to you. I only endorse products and services that I think will be helpful for you and that I have used myself. Thank you for your support.