Registration has ended for this year's conference. The conference will be June 7-9
- Get practical advice and strategies you can immediately use in your courses!
- Get a head start on re-designing and re-energizing your lectures for next semester.
- Learn from engaging speakers who are excited to share their stories, experiences, and research.
- Connect with other educators who breaking up lectures and going against the "norm" in higher education.
- Earn a digital conference badge to document your professional development and share your accomplishments.
This conference is for you if...
- You are looking for new ways to mix things up in your lectures (in-person, blended, and online).
- You are ready to get inspired and find more ways to increase student engagement and improve learning.
- You want to use more active learning strategies in your courses, but you don't have much time to research new ideas.
- You are ready to try something new in your courses, even though you're a little uncertain about what to do and how to do it.
- Access to all 9 live sessions + 1 on-demand session. Each session is approximately 1 hour. Includes live chat, Q&A, and interaction with the presenters.
- All sessions will be recorded. Live closed-captioning and transcripts will be provided for all sessions.
- NEW for 2022! You will get access to a private podcast feed featuring each of the sessions. Get a break from Zoom and take your professional development on the go!
- Access to all of the conference sessions, community, and resource materials for 30 days.
- Free access to the private Lecture Breakers Conference online community where you can continue the conversations, ask questions, and make connections with other colleagues within and beyond your discipline.
- A virtual swag bag with lots of special offers and discounts! Plus there will be new bonus surprises this year!
- A Lecture Breakers digital badge!
- A printer-friendly conference program so you can learn more about the speakers, the sessions, and the conference.
Meet Dr. Barbi Honeycutt
Creator and Host of the Lecture Breakers Virtual Summer Conference
Barbi is the creator and host of both the Lecture Breakers podcast and the Virtual Summer Conference. She wants to provide a space for educators to connect and share innovative teaching strategies to "break up" lectures, increase student engagement, and improve learning.