Custom Online Programs for Groups, Departments, and Campuses
I create online professional development programs for groups, departments, and campuses.
HOW DOES IT WORK?Contact me and tell me a little about your event. Then, we'll schedule quick call so I can learn more about your goals for the program, the participants, and the logistics.
After we discuss your event, I will create a customized proposal for you which will include the program details, learning outcomes, deliverables, budget, and date(s).
Once we agree on all of the details, I can take care of the rest for you! I want to make the whole process as easy as possible for you!
- I will design an online program specifically based on the needs, challenges, and goals of your participants.
- I will take care of registration, welcome emails, marketing flyers, custom website, reminder emails, and participation data if you would like me to. I can also create an evaluation survey for you, or we can use a tool you already have for your programs.
- I will create a personal welcome video for just for your group.
- I will create a private limited series podcast for your participants so they can access the lessons on the go. They can choose to watch the video lessons or listen to the audio lessons, or both!
- Your participants get access to a private discussion forum just for them. I am very active in the forums and I provide feedback on all discussion posts.
- I can add custom features such as live Q&A sessions, assignments, private shared Google docs, and online certificates to your program at no additional cost.
- I can create a "choose your own adventure" experience for your program so your participants can customize their professional development. Here's a recent example of one program I created for postdocs:
And here are 3 examples of custom online programs I created for campuses:
|I created a 6-week virtual professional development program for the LW Tech Mathematics Department. This program included 5 lessons plus a "Choose Your Own Adventure" series of lessons where faculty chose any 2 lesson that they were most interested. I also created a private podcast feed so faculty could take their lessons on the go if they wanted to.
Read more about this program.
I created a series of 3 workshops for the faculty at Tri-County Technical College. The workshops included self-paced modules, synchronous Q&A sessions, and homework and peer review activities.
I created a series of webinars for graduate students and postdocs at the Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute. The webinars were designed to help future faculty prepare to teach at the college level.
"Dr. Honeycutt created a stellar professional development program for our faculty. Instead of a traditional workshop presentation, she developed 3 self-paced modules for our faculty and then followed up with a Q&A. This was incredibly successful and surpassed our expectations. Faculty appreciate the self-paced opportunity and the Q&A that followed. The entire event including the quality of the modules, the registration process and the tracking of participants went off without a hitch. Beautifully executed! It was a breeze! And the faculty loved it!" --Dr. Audrey Dentith, Director of Academic Teaching and Learning. North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University
"Dr. Barbi Honeycutt was instrumental in launching a new teaching workshop series for the graduate students and postdocs at Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute. As a non-profit research institution without any undergraduate students, there were few opportunities for early career PhDs to gain teaching experience or training prior to Dr. Honeycutt’s workshops. She developed sessions that introduced our trainees to teaching in the college classroom through interactive and engaging virtual sessions.
The graduate students and postdocs who attended Dr. Honeycutt’s workshops rated her highly on her knowledge and expertise, on her communication and interaction with the audience, and on the resources and materials she provided. After attending her workshops, all participants thought their confidence increased in both their approach to teaching in the classroom and their awareness of best practices. They also commented that they would recommend her workshops to others and were likely to attend another one of Dr. Honeycutt’s workshops on teaching in the college classroom." --Dr. Nisha Cavanaugh, Associate Director, Career Development & Postdoctoral Programs, Office of Education, Training, & International Services
Contact me and let's start planning a program for your colleagues!