If you are looking for an engaging and energetic speaker who shares practical ideas and strategies you can use tomorrow, then let's work together!
I’m definitely not a “sage on the stage” type of speaker. I create interactive and engaging learning experiences for you, just as you do for your students. I share resources, offer advice, and recommend strategies that are grounded in theory, informed by research, and designed for practical application.
I customize each workshop to fit the needs of the audience and the goals of the event. Here are a few of the topics for some of my most popular workshops:
- FLIP a Lesson: How to Use the FLIP Framework to Create an Engaging Learning Environment
- The FLIP It Teaching Institute
- Flipped and Active Learning Strategies You Can Do in 10 Minutes or Less
- 10 Strategies to FLIP Your Online Course and Increase Student Engagement
- Unplugged Flipped Strategies: 10 Strategies You Can Use to Engage Students Without Focusing on Technology
- How to Use Focusing Activities to Keep Students Engaged and On-Task During Class
- FLIP Your Role: Moving from the "Sage on the Stage" to the "Guide on the Side"
- Flippable Moments: Where to Focus Your Time and Energy Before You FLIP It
- Did They Get It? Formative Assessment Strategies
- FLIP Faculty Development: Using the "Train-the-Trainer" Approach to FLIP Faculty Development and Encourage Peer Collaboration and Support
- How to Start a Business (or Side Hustle) Based on Your Scholarly Expertise
Workshops for Graduate Students and Postdocs
Graduate students and postdocs are our Next Generation of educators, scholars, and leaders. Here are a few of the topics for some of my most popular workshops:
- Introduction to College Teaching
- Introduction to Learning Styles and Preferences: The Myths, The Research, and What It Means for You and Your Students
- Transferable Skills in Teaching
- Teaching Philosophy & Teaching Portfolio
- The Faculty Interview: Preparing for Your Teaching Demonstration
Webinars & Online Courses
Any in-person workshop topic can be offered as a live or pre-recorded webinar for your campus. I also offer self-paced on-demand online courses for individuals, groups, and campuses.
These online courses are easy to integrate into your existing professional development programs. Formats range from 40-minute on-demand mini-courses to multi-week certificate courses.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the structure or format of your workshops?
I am flexible and I design workshops to meet the needs and goals of your audience. In-person workshops can be offered as keynote sessions (1-2 hours), half-day sessions (3-4 hours), full-day events (5-6 hours), or multi-day programs. Workshops may also be designed as live or recorded webinars.
Email me for a description and learning outcomes for any of the workshops and for more information. Contact: email@example.com
What's included in the workshop?
- Each participant will receive a resource packet which includes templates, recommended resources, bonus articles, and additional readings.
- Participants are eligible to receive a coupon for books and/or online courses.
- Campuses, organizations, and groups are eligible to receive bulk discounts on other resources. For example, you can combine in-person events with any of my online courses, mini-courses, webinars, books and instructional coaching sessions.
Are travel expenses included?
I know every campus and organization is different when it comes to hiring speakers. I will work with you to provide the forms, information, and reports you need in any format that is required by your budget office. I can combine the speaking fee and travel expenses into one proposal or I can separate all expenses and submit receipts for reimbursements. I do prefer to make my own flight arrangements if possible.
Ready to get started?
Contact me and let's discuss your event. I look forward to working with you and your colleagues!