Episode 106: Active Learning, Inclusive Teaching, and Building Relationships with Dr. Bryan Dewsbury
In episode #106 of the Lecture Breakers podcast, Dr. Bryan Dewsbury joins us to talk about active learning and inclusive teaching. Bryan shares his passion and enthusiasm for creating engaging and welcoming learning experiences for ALL students.
In this episode, he talks about the importance of building relationships, supporting and motivating students, and breaking away from the traditional sage on the stage lecture model.
I enjoyed learning more about how he has re-framed class time with his students and how he makes a point to connect with every student – even with a class size of 155!
- Connect with Bryan on LinkedIn
- Connect with Bryan on Twitter
- Learn more about the Science Education and Society research program.
- Read: Dewsbury, B. and Brame, C. (June 1, 2019). Inclusive Teaching. Life Science Education. Vol. 18. No. 2. Available online: https://www.lifescied.org/doi/10.1187/cbe.19-01-0021
- Join the free Lecture Breakers Facebook group!
- Don't miss an episode! Be sure to subscribe to the show!
Some of these resources contain affiliate links (indicated by *). If you purchase a product or sign up for a program through one of these links, I receive a commission at no additional cost to you. I only endorse products and services that I think will be helpful for you and that I have used myself. Thank you for your support.