Episode 107: 5 Educational Apps to Increase Student Engagement with Holly Owens
In episode #107 of the Lecture Breakers podcast, I’m really excited to welcome Holly Owens back to the show!
Holly first joined us in episode 22 where she shared five tips to help students succeed in online courses. Today, Holly is here to talk about educational apps you can use to increase student engagement and improve learning.
In this episode, Holly shares 5 different apps, all of which you can use for free and easily integrate into your courses no matter what LMS you are using. Holly gives us the name of the app, explains what it does, and then shares a few examples of how you can use the app in your courses.
- Check out Holly's website and business, Jolly Holly Ed Services.
- Read Holly's blog post 30 + One Days of EdTech Tools and Resources
- Learn more about GooseChase
- Check out YellowDig
- Learn more about Nearpod
- Play around with Canva
- Try Google Lens
- Listen to episode 22 where Holly shares 5 tips to help students succeed in online courses.
- Listen and subscribe to Holly's podcast the EdUp EdTech podcast.
- Connect with Holly on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Don't miss an episode! Be sure to subscribe to the show!
Some of these resources contain affiliate links (indicated by *). If you purchase a product or sign up for a program through one of these links, I receive a commission at no additional cost to you. I only endorse products and services that I think will be helpful for you and that I have used myself. Thank you for your support.