Episode 131: Using the Flipped Classroom Model in a Community-Engaged Learning Course with Dr. Sarah McLean
In episode 131 of the Lecture Breakers podcast, Dr. Sarah McLean gives us a glimpse into how she is combining the flipped classroom model in a community-engaged learning course. I think this is the first time we’ve talked about both of these approaches to teaching in the same episode!
Sarah takes us into the structure and design of the course, and she shares recommendations for getting students to see the value of these approaches to learning. We also discuss assessment, establishing partnerships, working with the community, and creating brave spaces in her course.
- Check out Sarah's website.
- Learn more about Padlet
- Listen to episode 108 of the Lecture Breakers podcast: Creating Brave Spaces in Your Courses with Kate Sweeney
- Learn more about ungrading from Jesse Stommel
- Connect with Sarah on Twitter
- Don't miss an episode! Be sure to subscribe to the show!
Some of these resources contain affiliate links (indicated by *). If you purchase a product or sign up for a program through one of these links, I receive a commission at no additional cost to you. I only endorse products and services that I think will be helpful for you and that I have used myself. Thank you for your support.