Episode 33: 10 Ways to Use Podcasts to Break Up Your Lecture
Go beyond the podcast! Transform your lectures and get new ideas for your courses! Be sure to register for the very FIRST Lecture Breakers Virtual Summer Conference! Get your ticket today!
In episode 33 of the Lecture Breakers podcast, I share 10 ways (plus 1 bonus strategy!) you can use podcasts in your courses to break up your lecture, increase student engagement, and improve learning.
Podcasts can work in any course, in any format, and in any discipline. Adding podcast episodes to your lectures can increase student motivation, promote critical thinking, and connect students with "real world" issues within and beyond the classroom.
In this episode, I share how I used podcasts in one of my online courses. I also discuss different active learning strategies you can easily use with podcasts to increase student engagement. And, I share one bonus strategy you may want to try if you are experienced with podcasts, have a smaller class, and want to take it to the next level!
What you'll learn:
- The benefits of using podcasts in your course.
- The different types of podcast formats.
- Easy ways to integrate podcasts into any lesson or lecture.
- Active learning strategies to use with podcasts in your course.
- Read the blog post 10 Ways to Use Podcasts in Your Course to Engage Students
- Connect with Barbi on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Join the free Lecture Breakers Facebook group
- Don't miss an episode! Be sure to subscribe to the show!
Some of these resources contain affiliate links (indicated by *). If you purchase a product or sign up for a program through one of these links, I receive a commission at no additional cost to you. I only endorse products and services that I think will be helpful for you and that I have used myself. Thank you for your support.