Episode 80: Student Engagement Techniques (Part 2) with Dr. Claire Howell Major
In episode 80 of the Lecture Breakers podcast, I continue my conversation about student engagement techniques with Dr. Claire Howell Major. If you missed part 1, be sure to listen here.
In part 2 of our conversation, Claire continues to share more student engagement techniques as we talk about how to help students see the value of active learning and how to create more authentic and meaningful learning experiences and projects.
She also shares how she changed her love hate relationship with discussion forums and explains how she uses them now to showcase student work.
And, she gives us a glimpse into her lesson planning process and explains how she supports students in reading, reflecting, and applying course material.
It's another jam packed episode with lots of advice, techniques, and ideas you can use to engage students and improve learning!
- Techniques to create more engaging asynchronous courses and learning experiences.
- How to approach the lesson planning process to help students engage with the readings, reflect on the information, and apply it.
- A new approach to using discussions forums.
- Advice for managing your time, expectations, and workload without feeling guilty or overwhelmed.
- Get the book! Student Engagement Techniques* (2nd edition)
- Learn more about the K. Patricia Cross Academy.
- Learn more about Claire on her website.
- Connect with Claire on Twitter.
- Join the free Lecture Breakers Facebook group
- Don't miss an episode! Be sure to subscribe to the show!
Some of these resources contain affiliate links (indicated by *). If you purchase a product or sign up for a program through one of these links, I receive a commission at no additional cost to you. I only endorse products and services that I think will be helpful for you and that I have used myself. Thank you for your support.