Episode 88: Use Digital Escape Rooms to Break Up Your Lecture with Caleb Curfman
In episode 88 of the Lecture Breakers podcast, Caleb Curfman joins us to talk about how to use digital escape rooms to break up your lecture and increase student engagement.
What a digital escape room is and what it can add to your course.
- Different ways you can use digital escape rooms to align with your purpose and goals.
- How Caleb uses course mapping to design digital escape room learning experiences.
Tips for introducing students to digital escape rooms and helping them prepare for this new type of learning experience.
Advice for creating successful digital escape room learning experiences.
What to consider as you think about designing a digital escape room experience for your students.
- The tech tools Caleb uses to design his digital escape rooms to work for both synchronous and asynchronous course formats.
- Listen to episode 71 where Caleb shares ideas for creative assessment strategies.
- Read the article: 101 Best Escape Room Puzzle Ideas
- Learn more about BreakoutEdu.com
- Check out the Lock, Paper, Scissors website
- Connect with Caleb, TheCreativeHistorian, on Twitter @CreateHistoryEd
- Email Caleb: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the free Lecture Breakers Facebook group
- Don't miss an episode! Be sure to subscribe to the show!
Some of these resources contain affiliate links (indicated by *). If you purchase a product or sign up for a program through one of these links, I receive a commission at no additional cost to you. I only endorse products and services that I think will be helpful for you and that I have used myself. Thank you for your support.