Episode 3: How to Connect With and Engage Your Learners with Chad Littlefield
Overview: In this episode, Chad Littlefield joins me as our first guest on the show! He is the co-founder of We and Me, Inc., a company focused on building trust, creating authentic conversations, and increasing engagement and connection. (Chad also joins us in episode 44 to discuss how to create connection in online environments)
Chad shares teaching strategies and ideas you can use to break up your lecture, build trust, create authentic conversations, and increase engagement and connection in the classroom. If you are teaching students, facilitating workshops for faculty, leading teams, or looking for more ways to connect with your learners, this is the episode for you!
Be sure to subscribe to the show! And, join the Lecture Breakers Facebook group to continue the conversation.
- Check out the We and Me, Inc. website
- Get the We! cards* to use in your courses and workshops. Get free shipping when you use the code: LECTUREBREAKERS
- Subscribe to Chad's Learning Letter
- See Chad's pre-event video and questionnaire (he created this one just for the Lecture Breakers listeners!)
- Get the book: Ask Powerful Questions: Create Conversations that Matter
- Read more on Amy Edmonson's website (psychological safety, leadership)
- Read more on Peter Block's website (connection before content!
- See the image from Dr. Eric Mazur's presentation re: brain activity during lectures.
- Find your next experiment on Mark Collards' website (Creator of playmeo.com)
- Connect with Chad on his Twitter page and LinkedIn profile.
Get your We! Connect Cards* by clicking the image below.
Use the coupon code LECTUREBREAKERS to get free shipping!
Some of these resources contain affiliate links (indicated by *). If you purchase a product or sign up for a program through one of these links, I receive a commission at no additional cost to you. I only endorse products and services that I think will be helpful for you and that I have used myself. Thank you for your support.