Episode 66: 25 Ways to Get to Know Your Students
How do you get to know your students? That's the question I posted to my network on Twitter and Facebook. And wow! The responses were amazing! The Lecture Breakers community is so creative!
I compiled all of the responses, grouped them into 5 main categories, and created a list of 25 different strategies you can use to learn more about your students, build community, and increase student engagement.
Thank you to everyone who responded and shared your ideas!
Get ideas for:
- discussion boards and forums
- chat sessions and live/synchronous classes
- individual responses using surveys, checklists, and 1:1 conferences
- visuals (including props, pictures, and images)
- creative tasks or projects
If you're looking for more engaging ways to start class using course content, get my e-book FLIP the First 5 Minutes of Class: 50 Focusing Activities
- Get ideas for citizenship behavior prompts
- Read the Online Readiness Checklist (from NC Community Colleges)
- Get inspired by the Reese Witherspoon 2020 Mood Meme challenge
- Read more about the group resume activity
- Read more about the "getting to know you" infographic activity
- Read more about the "candy and conversations" activity
- Watch the "jeans to apron" video
- Join the free Lecture Breakers Facebook group
- Don't miss an episode! Be sure to subscribe to the show!
Some of these resources contain affiliate links (indicated by *). If you purchase a product or sign up for a program through one of these links, I receive a commission at no additional cost to you. I only endorse products and services that I think will be helpful for you and that I have used myself. Thank you for your support.