Episode 134: Wrapping Up Season 4 and Looking Ahead to What’s Next!
In episode 134 of the Lecture Breakers podcast, I'm wrapping up season 4 and looking ahead to what's next!
As I reflect on the podcast, especially since 2020 disrupted everything, I noticed the way we talk about teaching students has changed (hopefully forever). We design courses differently, and that's a good thing!
And so I wonder...
- Can we take what we’ve learned about teaching students and apply it to faculty development?
- How can we give you, the faculty, new and innovative ways to continue your professional learning?
- How can we change faculty development? What would faculty development 2.0 or 3.0 look like?
In this episode, I share 5 observations I've noticed about teaching that might give us a new way to look at faculty development.
And along the way, I share how my newest program called Your Teaching Coach aligns with these ideas.
It’s always a little scary to put something new out in the world, but I’d like to share my thinking, which is still evolving, and give you an inside look at how I’m re-imagining faculty development and offering something new to support you in teaching.
- Try a free microlesson!
- Learn more about the Your Teaching Coach program for groups and individuals.
- Take a look at an example of a "choose your own adventure" faculty development program I created for a campus.
- Learn more about my speaking services. I can create a custom online program for your faculty, postdocs, and/or graduate students.
- Don't miss an episode! Be sure to subscribe to the show!
Some of these resources contain affiliate links (indicated by *). If you purchase a product or sign up for a program through one of these links, I receive a commission at no additional cost to you. I only endorse products and services that I think will be helpful for you and that I have used myself. Thank you for your support.